Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The New York Metropolitans: Radio

I am a Met fan. It may not seem that way, give all the rumors swirling around the Mets clubhouse, first about A-Rod, then Santana/Haren/Bedard, the trading of Lastings Milledge, etc. My knowledge of Mets history did help me to prevail against Dougie's Goin' Deep, in our head to head Mitchell Report pool but besides that my last commentary on the Mets can be found at Assertions of Fact. Depressing stuff. But with last years collapse in the rearview mirror, I can look ahead and at a new season, with a renewed vigor (and weekend ticket package). The 2008 Mets will play in the shadow of a modern throwback to Ebbets field, CitiField, with a new catcher and right fielder, and a new yet to be named radio broadcaster for WFAN.
The point is, the Mets need a broadcaster. No, the Mets need me. I'm perfect for the position. Sports broadcasting could use a touch of sarcasm, and a strong need for a seven second delay. Plus I'm available. Seriously. I've got nothing else going on, at least nothing important enough to keep me from being at Shea stadium and across the country 162 days of the year. I'll even come up with some cheesey home run call. And I can't be much worse than Michael Kay right? All I'm saying WFAN, is think about it. I'm a cheap alternative and much handsomer. Who cares if it's radio. Besides, it's not like you've never put crappy programming on the air. Just listen to Boomer Esiason's show. I rest my case.

No comments: